Who We Are
Established in 1997, the program has grown substantially and gained considerable credibility in the community. Operated by members of the Passionist Sisters, the program includes consultations with healthcare professionals and relies on community volunteers.
Since its inception, several residents have successfully completed the two-year Carmelina’s Home program and at least five hundred residents have participated on a short-term basis.
What sets us apart from other programs is our long-term abstinence-based residential approach.
Carmelina’s Home is a registered charity and operates solely from community donations and the support of the residents.
Carmelina’s Home is committed to establishing a long-term residential program for women with addictions.
- Provide a long-term residential rehab program for women with addiction and emotional issues
- Establish purpose-driven awareness to attract new residents and raise funds to support our programs
When you join the Carmelina’s Home program, we:
- Help each woman recognize her full potential
- Provide support to obtain education or career goals
- Provide counselling on building healthy relationships
- Enable contacts within the community
- Teach problem-solving skills and coping skills to accept new challenges
Carmelina’s Home offers a safe environment, healthy relationships, individual and family support, guidance and counselling to enable personal growth, and the ability to become independent, responsible and functioning members of society.
Awareness, Understanding and Compassion are the keys to our Success!
We believe that addiction and other forms of emotional issues are the result of a dysfunctional lifestyle. In an accepting, empathetic and loving environment, you can learn, understand and appreciate life as you become more independent and responsible.
Each individual can achieve and maintain a drug and alcohol-free lifestyle.